Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Mocha Mamas

I bought a new cookbook. My Amazon cart is full of "save for later" cookbooks- 17 pages worth, that I come across and get excited to add to my collection. I obviously have to budget my addiction so I occasionally go through and buy another one or two depending on my mood of the day. The latest addition was for my son who has a severe dairy allergy. I am always on the lookout for great dairy free, vegan ideas for in the kitchen and always experimenting in my own kitchen on creative ways to produce delicious foods that even the biggest dairy lover would not miss the cow.


I will highly recommend "Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar" By Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero. The cookbook has 100 dairy free recipes for cookies, brownies, biscotti, and bars. There is a very helpful, well laid out introduction that advises on ingredients, information on substitutions, and "tools for success". I have now made several recipes from the cookbook and have several more earmarked and so far all recipes have been produced with outstanding results.

I made the recipe for "Mocha Mamas" (pg 86) per request of my kid first and these cookies didn't even last the day in my house. They were awesome! I did mean to make enough to send with my husband to work, so next time it will have to be a double batch- one for the house, one for work.
Go out, even if you can enjoy dairy, and get this cookbook. You will be very happy to have it in your collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment